Account Director (London, UK Office)
The Account Director for NJI Media’s London Office will be central to leading all client work, managing staff day-to-day, and maintaining key client relationships in the UK and other specified markets. As the director of the office, this person must have strong strategy skills, be an experienced manager of projects and staff, and an intuitiveness to anticipate client needs. Highly collaborative across teams and timezones, this position will be an integral link between the U.S. headquarters of NJI Media and its global client portfolio. The position reports to the Chief Strategy Officer.
- Serve as primary London-based point-of-contact for NJI clients, partners and vendors in the UK and other key markets, providing strategy and managerial consistency across projects and timezones and ensuring a premium level of customer service and responsiveness to all.
- Effectively manage internal processes and advance projects from start to finish, while coordinating with team members and providing continuous reports
- Smartly develop strategic plans, conceptual ideas, and tactical recommendations for select clients
- Effectively communicate – verbal and written – with clients on digital and creative services strategies, as well as all other client-oriented projects and tasks
- Grow and nurture long-term client relationships with a solutions-oriented approach
- Gather and analyze data to develop and present well-informed metrics reports, for both internal and external purposes
- Assist in the development of workable budgets, project scopes, performance reports, and timelines for multiple project deliverables
- Support NJI leadership in the management and growth of a diverse roster of high-profile global clients, accounts, and project-based work
- Will help lead and grow the agency’s public policy and digital media practice – with an emphasis on policy campaign development and execution, audience analysis, and web content strategy.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for select clients, partners, and vendors and provide a premium level of customer service and responsiveness to all
- Remain on the cutting edge of industry developments and assist in effectively integrating those developments into the business and client work
- 4-5 years of client-facing experience working at the crossroads of digital communications, public policy, design, and creative services.
- Proven experience managing communications campaigns and/or multichannel digital campaigns or websites
- Must be able to work across a number of projects and teams to respond to ever-changing client needs and deadlines
- A proven track record of developing strategic plans to benefit the client
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- The ability to think creatively and contribute to a team environment
- Self-motivated and driven, willingness to take ownership of projects and your role within the agency
- Superior communications and presentation skills (both written and verbal)
- Eagerness to help contribute to the agency’s own marketing and business development initiatives
For Bonus Points:
- Strong leadership skills and an eagerness to advance professionally
- Experience with project management programs like Monday.com, Teamwork, Asana and Basecamp
- Agency experience with a portfolio of projects on which you have worked
- Familiarity with current affairs and ability to “get smart” quick on various issues
- A sense of humor and a love of tacos, pandas and the occasional dog
Oh, and thanks for reading this all the way through. To be clear, we’re not interested in hearing from recruiters, recruiters who claim not to be “recruiters,” headhunters, or staffing companies.
How To Apply:
We can’t wait to hear from you! To apply for the position, please send us a cover letter, resume and portfolio samples. Email your application to, email@example.com and include the words “UK Panda” in your subject line.
Please note, all candidates must be based in the greater London area.