Design Director (London Office)
The Design Director for NJI Media’s London Office will be central to providing clients across our global portfolio with exceptional design and creative strategy. Responsible for leading design work for clients in the UK and other select global markets, this position will work closely with the full NJI Design team headquartered in the U.S. To be effective in this role, the candidate must be a strong design manager, with the ability to inspire, motivate and scale a new growing team.. The candidate must be a problem-solver focused on translating client goals and expectations into versatile innovative products. Highly collaborative across teams and timezones, this position will be an integral link in ensuring NJI’s design standards are upheld across its global portfolio. The position will report to the head of the London office, and collaborate closely with the U.S. Art Director.
- Motivate, manage and shape a new and growing UK team of designers.
- Visualize, develop, and execute creative and impactful design solutions for use across a variety of print and digital media.
- Lead and direct work intake and overall design project assignment
- Provide influencing ideas to enhance department productivity.
- Manage design processes to ensure timely delivery of designs
- Active problem-solving for a variety of clients across sectors and markets, always remaining focused on client goals and business objectives.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively on team-based projects
- Strong time management skills and the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Organization skills and the ability to effectively communicate internally and with clients
- Ability to wear multiple hats and adapt to new situations and challenges
- Pushing creativity, challenge established thinking, and discover new ways of approaching (and solving) a problem
- Ability to contribute to all creative aspects of projects from research and ideation through refinement and delivery
- Desire to dream up internal creative projects to stay sharp
- Deep understanding of sarcasm
- An amazing portfolio
- 2+ years of Design management experience, 4+ years design/production experience (agency experience a plus)
- Experience shaping and growing a multifaceted team of designers
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design (preferred)
- A passion for design and a sound aesthetic point of view
- Strong design proficiency with a sharp eye for UI/UX design, typography and illustration
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Strong skills at developing design systems and thinking
- Art Direction experience a plus
Oh, and thanks for reading this all the way through. To be clear, we’re not interested in hearing from recruiters, recruiters who claim not to be “recruiters,” headhunters, or staffing companies.
How To Apply:
We can’t wait to hear from you! To apply for the position, please send us a cover letter, resume and portfolio samples. Email your application to, email@example.com and include the words “UK Design Panda” in your subject line.
Please note, all candidates must be UK based and eligible to work in the UK.