Director, Business Development & Marketing
NJI Media is seeking a dynamic Director of Business Development & Marketing to represent our rapidly growing agency and help expand our global portfolio of clients. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated resourceful professional who possesses superior problem solving and time management skills. He/She is fun to work with and a strong team player with a positive attitude!
As background, NJI Media takes a very understated approach to business development and marketing. We have developed a strong reputation for being a top-tier creative communications agency and only seek projects and clients that require a premium level of service. Thus, we are looking for a Director of Business Development and Marketing that can uphold our refined business development philosophy and represent the high-end nature of our services.
Business Development Responsibilities:
- Develop a strong understanding of potential customer needs and expectations through direct contact to establish trusted relationships with executives, stakeholders, influencers, and decision-makers.
- Regularly participate as a presenter, panelist or, guest at relevant conferences, events, panels, and meetings.
- Facilitate prospective customers’ understanding of NJI Media capabilities and help shape their perceptions of how NJI Media’s service and solution offerings will meet their needs.
- Develop a thorough business development plan and goals for growth in coordination with company leadership.
- Consistently search for new business opportunities and work to build relationships with prospective clients.
- Write and deliver proposals and presentations, and other supporting documents as needed.
- Manage the creative process of developing and designing dynamic proposals and pitch presentations.
- Work in coordination with account directors to facilitate healthy, long-term client relationships from within existing accounts and for new leads you’re cultivating.
- Actively engage with leads received from business development to foster these relationships and bring new accounts to NJI Media in line with the strategic plan.
- Proactively develop upselling and cross-selling opportunities within existing accounts through communication and networking within client accounts.
- Influence pre- and post-sale solutions to deliver the greatest level of value to client based on an understanding of client needs, budget, and business environment.
- Interface with the NJI Media operations/finance team and the client as needed to ensure a successful contracting process.
- Participate in networking events on a weekly basis. This is to include lunches, dinners, receptions and cocktail parties that could result in new business opportunities.
- Continuously maintain sales documentation and data surrounding engagement status and client satisfaction [e.g. CRM, wiki, and other internal tracking tools] as required.
- Coordinate and lead the creation of dynamic case studies for recently completed projects.
- Manage the development and posting of weekly/daily social media content to NJI Media’s social channels.
- Produce and manage a monthly targeted email campaign to clients and prospective clients.
- Assist in planning and executing events for clients and prospective clients.
- Review sponsorship opportunities and engage in any sponsored events/organizations.
- BA/BS degree
- 5 years of consultative experience, preferably in a creative or technical field
- 5 years of business development experience.
- Experience selling complex, high value ($250,000+) services, and solutions and a track record of overachievement.
- Must have experience presenting business cases and communicating value propositions to customers.
- Strong written communication skills and the ability to write creatively and concisely.
- Requires proven ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Requires strong collaboration and communication skills with team members and clients.
- Ability to convert large amounts of technical information into concise descriptions tailored to client business/operational needs.
- Excellent at establishing collaborative relationships within internal and external organizations and employs a consultative approach to meeting client needs.
- Experience in responding to RFPs as well as writing and delivering exceptional proposals.
- Experience with relationship building with outstanding presentation and interpersonal skills.
About NJI Media:
NJI Media was recently recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest-growing companies in the United States. Our headquarters is housed within an old grain warehouse that was built circa 1880. Some highlights of the office include a 30ft atrium, a complete kitchen, unlimited snacks, awesome beverages, regular team activities. We provide excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401k (with matching) and even life insurance. In addition, we provide maternity and paternity leave along with a substantial amount of vacation time. Oh, and we give vacation bonuses and force you to leave the D.C. metro area.
We strongly believe that our company is only as good as our team. To that end, we put a significant amount of emphasis on employee happiness. From regular team meals (sometimes prepared by our CEO) to our monthly Learn at Lunch series, we provide many ways to foster a family environment and provide growth opportunities.
Learn more about us at www.njimedia.com
How to Apply:
We can’t wait to hear from you! To apply for the position, please send us a cover letter, resume and portfolio samples. Email your application to, email@example.com and include the words “BD Panda” in your subject line.
Oh, and thanks for reading this all the way through. To be clear, we’re not interested in hearing from recruiters, recruiters who claim not to be “recruiters,” headhunters, or staffing companies.
We are not currently accepting remote work applicants for this position.