Executive Operations Coordinator
NJI Media is seeking a highly resourceful Executive Operations Coordinator to support our leadership team. This position will be an integral part of the NJI Media crew and includes a unique opportunity to engage in a wide variety of critical operations and management duties. To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized, have excellent time management skills and be able to act without guidance. Ultimately, you will contribute to the efficiency of our business by providing personalized and timely support to executive members.
Responsibilities will include assisting with critical leadership duties, travel planning, office management, calendar management, event planning and running necessary errands. You will be responsible for keeping the office running virtually and in person when we return to our HQ in Old Town, Alexandria.
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to perform a variety of administrative tasks and support our company’s senior-level managers.
Executive Assistant’s responsibilities include managing calendars, making travel arrangements and preparing expense reports. To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized, have great time management skills and be able to act without guidance.
Ultimately, you will contribute to the efficiency of our business by providing personalized and timely support to executive members.
- Act as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Manage executives’ calendars and set up meetings
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements
- Rack daily expenses and prepare weekly, monthly or quarterly reports
- Oversee the performance of other clerical staff
- Act as an office manager by keeping up with office supply inventory
- Format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports
- Take minutes during meetings
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence
- Organize and maintain the office filing system
- Supporting senior leadership at NJI Media
- Assisting with project research and analysis of data
- Running errands
- Managing special projects
- Supporting the project management teams as needed
- Assisting with social media management
- Coordinating with building management and/or contractors as needed
- Answering the phones and taking call notes
- Coordinating maintenance of office & computer equipment with outside consultants
- Ordering & managing office supplies
- 1 – 5 years of experience
- 4 year degree (preferred)
- Must have a valid driver license and a car
- Experience using spreadsheets
- Comfortable with placing online orders
- Recognize what items/supplies should cost and stay within a reasonable budget as outlined
- “Yes and”…attitude
- A love of tacos
- A sense of humor
- Not afraid of work, deadlines or pandas
- Experience with social media platforms
How to Apply:
We can’t wait to hear from you! To apply for the position, please send us a cover letter, resume and portfolio samples. Email your application to, firstname.lastname@example.org and include the word “Panda Assistant” in your subject line.
Oh, and thanks for reading this all the way through. To be clear, we’re not interested in hearing from recruiters, recruiters who claim not to be “recruiters,” headhunters, or staffing companies.