Graphic Designer (London Office)
The Graphic Designer for NJI Media’s London Office will be an important team member providing clients across our global portfolio with exceptional design and creative strategy. Responsible for design work for clients in the UK and other select global markets, this position will work closely with the full NJI Design team headquartered in the U.S. To be effective in this role, the candidate must be highly collaborative and a problem-solver focused on translating client goals and expectations into versatile innovative products. Across teams and timezones, this position will be an integral link in ensuring NJI’s design standards are upheld across its global portfolio. The position will report to the London Office Design Director with close collaboration to the U.S. Art Director.
- Visualize, develop, and execute creative and impactful design solutions for use across a variety of print and digital media.
- Active problem-solving for a variety of clients across sectors and markets, always remaining focused on client goals and business objectives.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively on team-based projects
- Strong time management skills and the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Organization skills and the ability to effectively communicate internally and with clients
- Ability to wear multiple hats and adapt to new situations and challenges
- Pushing creativity, challenge established thinking, and discover new ways of approaching (and solving) a problem
- Ability to contribute to all creative aspects of projects from research and ideation through refinement and delivery
- Desire to dream up internal creative projects to stay sharp
- Deep understanding of sarcasm
- An amazing portfolio
- A passion for design and a sound aesthetic point of view
- 2+ years of design/production experience (agency experience a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design (preferred)
- Expertise in publication & editorial design, with a focus on typography & lettering
- Basic knowledge of web design (HTML, CSS, JS) and responsive design methodology, and UI/UX design
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Working knowledge of motion graphics creation (ideally Adobe After Effects experience), and illustration a huge bonus.
Oh, and thanks for reading this all the way through. To be clear, we’re not interested in hearing from recruiters, recruiters who claim not to be “recruiters,” headhunters, or staffing companies.
How to Apply:
We can’t wait to hear from you! To apply for the position, please send us a cover letter, resume and portfolio samples. Email your application to, firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words “UK Design Panda” in your subject line.
Please note, all candidates must be UK based and eligible to work in the UK.