NJI is a wildly creative and strategically disciplined agency with offices in London, Washington, D.C., and Singapore. We work seamlessly across teams and time zones to align and deliver for our clients.
We are looking for a “unicorn” project coordinator to join our office in Alexandria, Virginia. The ideal candidate will be wise beyond their years and able to add real value to the team from day one. Professional and efficient, the right candidate will be a self-starter that can manage multiple tasks simultaneously from different project managers.
Strong interpersonal skills are needed with a clear understanding of what it means to roll up your sleeves and get to work. Research, organizing projects and related files, proofing deliverables, and packaging up the occasional client gift are all likely tasks.
This individual will be exposed to a wide range of clients, industries, and creative projects. Adding value to the team will be essential and demonstrated by listening intentionally and delivering projects and requests with precision. Discretion is of the utmost importance with no room for drama or social postings about your work.
The ideal candidate will become a trusted member of the strategy team with opportunity for growth and increased responsibility. This role helps make our strategy teams move with excellence for fast-paced, global clients. Early mornings and late nights are an inevitable part of working across timezones and continents. They embody a team-centric ethos of always going the extra mile to support a colleague or client.
An eagle eye for process and proofing, the best candidate will be a wizard with words, grammar, timelines, and communications.
This position reports to an Account Director.
- Process oriented with a strong ability to manage multiple projects, effectively track status, and support multiple individuals.
- Effective researcher and communicator, able to work on projects with minimal oversight, delivering properly formatted deliverables and asking relevant questions.
- Experience with digital media campaigns and/or websites.
- Effectively manage processes and advance projects from start to finish.
- Develop and manage budgets and hours, project scopes, performance reports, and timelines for multiple project deliverables.
- 1-3 years of professional experience in the fields of marketing and communications or related fields. Recent college graduates with relevant internship experience will be considered.
- Mastery of the English language (written and spoken).
- University degree or equivalent experience.
- Eligibility to work in the US.
- Based in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
- A sense of humor and a love of tacos, pandas and the occasional dog.
- Familiarity with public policy and ability to “get smart” quick on various issues.
- Experience with project management programs like Monday.com and Asana.
Oh, and thanks for reading this all the way through. To be clear, we’re not interested in hearing from recruiters, recruiters who claim not to be “recruiters,” headhunters, or staffing companies.