We are hackers at heart. From designing and developing websites, to scouring the internet for the latest freebies, deals and steals, we are all about finding ways to make our lives easier. With any luck you’re now thinking about how you can hack your way to free stuff. Fortunately, we’ve got you covered.
We often ask ourselves, why settle for a ‘good deal,’ when you can get it for free? People line up for grand openings at places like H&M and Chick-fil-A just for the chance to get something free. You say “free” and people will flock.
To avoid the lines, here are some websites that we check on a daily…errr weekly basis:
- StartSampling.com offers a lengthy list of free items to choose from. They have a great 5 star rating system and commenting capability to let you know how easy it is to obtain a sample.
- Dealotto.com queues up awesome deals on design and development related items. From UI kits and icons, to WordPress themes and plugins, they always have something they’re giving away.
- AllYou.com updates their page daily with their free sample finds.
- HeyItsFree.net constantly posts any freebies, deals, and steals that are happening on the Interwebz.
- They have this great Birthday Freebies Page listing the types of places that offer a free item on your birthday! They might even offer you a coupon for joining their email list.
- Target and Wal-Mart also offer samples and coupons periodically.
Here’s an upcoming offer that’s not free, but a great deal. Chipotle, one of our favorite places to eat, is offering a $3 burrito, salad, or tacos this Halloween to anyone dressed in a costume after 4pm.
If you don’t want to wait until Halloween for a burrito you can download their app through iTunes and play Chipotle’s Scarecrow game. If you pass all 4 levels, Chipotle will give you a free burrito. An awesome game that offers a tasty reward? Mmmm, that sounds good, I’ll have that!
For more free things, check out this cool iOS7 UI stencil for Omnigraffle.