NJI, a full-service creative agency, seeks a full-time Graphic Designer to work in its Old Town Alexandria, VA office. An ideal candidate will be passionate, motivated, and eager to create meaningful and purposeful experiences. We want a person looking to be part of a high-paced environment where the quality of the work is paramount and the opportunity to grow is huge. We expect smart workers who know how to enjoy the work they do.
The primary responsibility and goal of this position is to visualize creative, effective and intuitive solutions for use across a variety of print and digital media. To be effective in this role, the candidate should be a problem-solver focused on translating client goals and expectations into versatile innovating products.
- An amazing portfolio
- 2+ years of design/production experience (agency experience a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design (preferred)
- A passion for design and a sound aesthetic point of view
- Strong design proficiency with a sharp eye for UI/UX design, typography and illustration
- The ability to contribute to all creative aspects of projects from research and ideation through refinement and delivery
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Working knowledge of motion graphics creation (ideally Adobe After Effects experience)
- The ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively on team-based projects
- Strong time management skills and the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Organization skills and the ability to effectively communicate internally and with clients
- Basic knowledge of web design (HTML, CSS, JS) and responsive design methodology
- The ability to wear multiple hats and adapt to new situations and challenges
- Push creativity, challenge established thinking, and discover new ways of approaching (and solving) a problem
- The desire to dream up internal creative projects to stay sharp
- Deep understanding of sarcasm
- No phone calls or drop-ins.
- Must be able to work from our office in Old Town [local only]
NJI was recently recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest-growing companies in the United States. Our headquarters is housed within an old grain warehouse that was built circa 1880. Some highlights of the office include a 30ft atrium, a complete kitchen, unlimited snacks, awesome beverages, regular team activities. We provide excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401k (with matching) and even life insurance. In addition, we provide maternity and paternity leave along with a substantial amount of vacation time. Oh, and we give vacation bonuses and force you to leave the D.C. metro area.
We strongly believe that our company is only as good as our team. To that end, we put a significant amount of emphasis on employee happiness. From regular team meals (sometimes prepared by our CEO) to our monthly Learn at Lunch series, we provide
many ways to foster a family environment and provide growth opportunities.
Learn more about us at www.njimedia.com
How to Apply:
We can’t wait to hear from you! To apply for the position, please send us a cover letter, resume and portfolio samples. Email your application to, email@example.com and include the word “Panda” in your subject line.
Oh, and thanks for reading this all the way through. To be clear, we’re not interested in hearing from recruiters, recruiters who claim not to be “recruiters,” headhunters, or staffing companies.
We are not accepting remote work applicants at this time.