NJI is pleased to celebrate 13 new digital design awards received in partnership with our outstanding clients at The Home Depot (THD), Airlines for America (A4A), the National Beer Wholesalers Association (NBWA), and PATH’s DefeatDD, among others.
These latest recognitions come from the International Awards Associate (IAA), the Summit International Awards (SIA), and the American Advertising Federation (AAF). Together with our clients, we received four MUSE Creative Awards, five NYX Marcom Awards, three Emerging Media Awards, and one ADDY.
“Design excellence for public affairs audiences is our specialization. Receiving creative industry recognition for our work confirms that good design stands out amid a hectic and fragmented media landscape,” observed Lara Kline, NJI President. “We take the time to understand the research, data, and goals behind our clients’ work, and that shared knowledge fuels a creative process that makes policy shaping ideas possible.”
The MUSE competition, hosted by the IAA, received over 6,300 global entries. NJI received three Gold Awards and one Silver Award for Airlines for America’s regional targeted 2023 Super Bowl ad and the National Beer Wholesalers Association’s new brand and website launch.
- Helping Careers Take Flight: Together with A4A, NJI created a high-energy commercial that cut through the noise. NJI crafted a storyline highlighting the robust hiring of the airline industry only ten days before the Super Bowl. The commercial was awarded two Gold MUSE Awards in Video Recruitment and Video Travel.
- Serving Up a Fresh Brand: NBWA partnered with NJI to create a new brand for the 85-year-old association and redesign their website to reflect the forward-looking priorities of NBWA and current innovations in the beer and beverage distribution industry. The work earned a Gold MUSE Award in the category of Branded Content Food & Beverage and a Silver MUSE Award in the category of Website Food & Beverage.
- NBWA’s redesigned website also won a Gold NYX Marcom Award in the category of Website Food & Beverage, presented by the IAA, in addition to a Visionary Award in the User Experience category, presented by the SIA.
“Those involved in today’s emerging media technologies are the leaders who are establishing tomorrow’s avenues of advertising communications,” said Jocelyn Luciano, Managing Director for the Summit Awards.
- A Mascot Flushed with Facts: PATH’s DefeatDD engaged NJI to create Poo Guru, to break the poo taboo around diarrheal disease on World Toilet Day. The character illustration, prop design, and video animation enabled Poo Guru to spur serious conversation around practical, cost-effective sanitation prevention and treatment solutions for diarrheal disease. The illustration won an SIA Innovator Award in the Non-Profit Marketing category.
- Poo Guru also received two Silver NYX Marcom Awards for DefeatDD’s Poo Guru illustration in the categories Social Public Service & Activism and Character Design.
The NYX Marcom Awards received over 1,500 entries from the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Italy, Japan, Spain, Sweden, Germany, and many more. The award recognizes and celebrates the epitome of concepts, directions, designs, campaigns, as well as productions from the aspects of marketing, communications and videos. NJI is proud to have partnered with our clients in five of the winning entries.
- Slam Dunk Public Affairs: The Home Depot’s annual Store Managers Meeting brings employees from over 2,000 store locations together. NJI developed an interactive grassroots advocacy booth to showcase the efforts of THD’s Government Affairs team and how associates can get involved. The installation won a Gold NYX Marcom Award in the category Design – Event Materials. The work additionally received recognition from the AAF.
The American Advertising Awards, home of the ADDY Award, attracts nearly 35,000 entries each year through local AAF competitions. The DC tier of the American Advertising Awards presented NJI and The Home Depot Government Affairs team with a Silver ADDY in the category of Interactive Branded Content & Entertainment and advanced the project to the district level for further competition.